Dear Community Presbyterian Church worshipers,
We hope this finds you well. There continues to be restrictions and recommendations as to how to hold worship in a more responsible manner reducing the risk of exposure and community spread of the coronavirus. The Session decided to hold in-person worship Sunday, March 28,2021. There is a number of changes to the order of worship and the physical environment of the building to ensure compliance with the recommendations and requirements to hold worship. We have received significant guidance and mandates from state and local officials as well as our Presbytery which has assisted with formulating these guidelines.
- Please notify the church office by phone (851-1292) or email Foxhillcpc@gmail.com if you plan to attend worship for the first time since the Covid shut down of the church. Due to social distancing guidelines we will have reduced capacity for members to attend in-person services and this allows us to plan accordingly.
- Face masks or coverings must be worn inside the building in Accordance with Executive Order issued by Governor which currently remains in effect.
- We are asking all members and visitors to enter through the main entrances on either side of the building. Hand sanitizer will be placed at that location, please utilize when entering the building and proceed directly to the sanctuary where you will be directed to your seat.
- Bulletins and hymn books will not be utilized. All information will be on the Power- Point presentation to minimize “touchpoints” while members are in the building.
- Nursery will not be provided initially as we return to worship. Services will be more abbreviated and children are always welcome in the sanctuary for worship. We will begin having a nursery as we move through the summer and evaluate the ability to safely do so.
- Live singing will not occur at this time. Significant data has shown that singing and the use of wind instruments breaks down the droplets to a finer mist and travels further in the area increasing risk of transmission.
- If you are ill, please stay home.
- A basket will be placed in a central location for you to place your offering in, the offering plate will not be passed during worship. Please use only checks, no cash tithes can be accepted during worship at this time.
We will be recording worship services and sending the information out to members to allow for those most vulnerable of our members to continue to participate while they remain safer at home. Please know, the Session recognizes that members and guests may have a variety of responses to in-person worship being held. We support all member’s personal decisions regarding whether they continue to worship remotely or in-person. Thank you for your patience and faithfulness as we take these steps forward. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please let members of Session know so that we can address them directly.
Community Presbyterian Church